Little Russells

Little Russells

Friday, September 25, 2009

Little Russells - An Update


J.R.'s school had a fundraiser this morning- Race for Education. The kids ran around the block (.25 mile) as many times as they could in about 40 minutes. J.R. made it around 10 times! I was so proud because he never gave up. Many of his fellow kindergartners stopped running, but he kept going - walking the hill - but always going back to running. Of course, he probably would have made it around 20 times had he stopped singing the Beatles and screaming "I'll never quit", or "Let's Rock". He had to use up a fair amount of energy just to talk that much.
I enjoy being / volunteering at his school. Probably too much to be honest... I keep thinking I should have been teacher. I can't help but to be happy when I am there! My volunteer list keeps growing - I need to start say no more or Jim will go nuts. On the bright side - I won't have to worry about getting my 40-hour requirement in this year.
Markie is in big girl underwear going on two full weeks and we've had minimal accidents this week. How wonderful - 2/3 of our children are out of diapers. Jimmy is excited about less money going to diapers/pull ups.
J.R. is all about the Beatles right now. His teacher, Sister Colleen, stopped me earlier this week with a funny story. I guess J.R. likes to sing during work time - while cutting he can be caught singing Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine, or Help! He has Mass on Thursday. I love it - I usually catch him signing Mass on the way home, "...this is my body given up for you..."
Matt is 4 months already. He is a kisser and I love it. When I hold him near my face he leans forward and kisses... it is wonderful to be a mommy. He watches everything - you see his eyes scan back and forth. Jimmy thinks he is wicked smart.




No comments: